T-Waves Technologiesoffers 1D/2D/…/6D systems intended to measure terahertz signals in frequencies between 0.1 THz and 10 THz.
They can include all or some of the elements in the system: emission source, measuring sensor, opto-mechanical components, displacement stages, optic modulator, monitoring software, etc.
A “lock-in” amplifier can be used to carry out a synchronous detection principle to increase the signal-to-noise ratio.
This can be an analog lock-in amplifier outside the system or a built-in digital lock-in amplifier.
Below is the configuration diagram for an external “lock-in” amplifier:
There are several optical configurations possible depending on the problem posed.
The “reflection” and “transmission” modes are shown in the diagrams below :
Reflection mode Transmission mode
The T-Viewer I3D operating software runs the full configuration including the selective sensor, the 1D/2D/…/nD displacement stages, the slaved optical modulator and the external or internal “lock-in” amplifier. In this case, the terahertz signal is measured with a high signal-to-noise ratio.
The T-Viewer I3D software runs:
- the translation of each stage based on the step and length of stroke selected by the user (manual or automatic)
- the synchronisation of the whole and the built-in digital “lock-in” function (if the option is chosen)
- the formation of 2D images or 1D profiles based on a point to point acquisition
- the formation of 3D images from several 2D images acquired at different values of z
- the registration of points, profiles or image files with the measuring configuration parameters
Below is illustrated a main graphic view of the user interface for a dual XY axis system: